Friday 18 January 2013

FREE FROM FEAR!


Many of us are coming into 2013 believing and hoping God will do remarkable things in our lives! but our fears are holding us back. This is a powerful prayer that I want to share with everyone dealing with fear this 2013! God is going to do something GREAT THIS YEAR YOU DESERVE IT! LET GO OF THE FEAR!

Abba Father!

I come before You with arms outstretched, crying out for You to reassure me, to stabilize me, to centralize me, to anchor me in Yourself. You are the Rock, the Solid Ground, the Firm Foundation, the Eternal One, and the Lover of my soul who has sworn to be faithful to those who are the children of faith, who throw themselves upon You, and cry out for Your mercies. My heart is anxious and full of worry and anxiety. It seems like circumstances around me are too challenging, too massive, too diverse, too problematic, too sabotaged, and too doomed for failure and impotence. I worry that none of these will succeed, and that none of these will count for anything of eternal value. I feel motivation-less, and also as if these things don’t matter any way. But Lord, You have called me to serve where I am. You have called me to be the way that I am. You have fashioned me uniquely according to Your purpose and plan, set apart in Christ Jesus for the good works that You want me to do. Your ways are true and good, and they will not fail because they serve Your agenda. O Lord, help me to see that these truths are more real than what seems real right now. Help my eyes to lock onto the Eternal God, invisible though You may be, and help me to not to shift away from You. Help me to see that though the heavens may pass away and the earth fade into nothingness, You O Lord, remain forever, and Your purposes are sure.

Speaking of Father Abraham, Your word says, “That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all,” (Romans 4:16 ESV) Cause me then to grow in faith, to grow in steadfast assurance that You are a Promise-Keeping God. Help my mind recall and reflect upon all the ways that You have been true and faithful, bringing forth life out of death again and again in my short life. You have drawn the stranger to Yourself in faith again and again, and daily, recreated spiritual life and more faith out of my weak and wretched soul. Yes Lord, You are the God “who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.” (Romans 4:17 ESV) Who can question Your power and Your might?

This is what it means to trust You - to see who You are, to meditate upon You, and to defeat unbelief and wavering in my mind about You. Cause me then to be like Abraham, O Lord, “No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.” (Romans 4:20-21 ESV) And You have promised so much. You have said that You will raise up Christ Jesus and draw all men to Him. You have said that You will never leave us nor forsake us, and that when we pray You hear it for Jesus’ sake. You have said that we have an inheritance that is eternal, imperishable, incorruptibe. You have said that You have set us apart for Yourself, and that You will be my God and I will be Your son. You have said that my sufferings will produce character and in character, ultimately hope. You have promised that Your Son will reign, and that in Him all things will be made new, because of the blood that He shed on Calvary. Make it so, Lord God, that I will be made new, that You will take away fear and anxiety. Take away this nagging discomfort and depressive feeling, make every thought of Christ be that of joy and delight in Him. O I pray it, in the strong name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment